To participate in the Mormons Building Bridges Facebook group, please read the entire guidelines for participation below and then click HERE to join the group.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW AND ABIDE BY THE GUIDELINES
- Mean-spirited debates – doctrinal or political – are not allowed. Posts and comments should encourage empathy, compassion, and understanding.
- All participants are asked not to condemn others’ personal feelings, choices, beliefs, or experiences. Do not prescribe any particular life path for others.
- The MBB Facebook group is not an appropriate place to advocate for LDS Church boycotts, petitions, resignations or self-excommunications from the church. It is not an appropriate forum for promoting membership in other religions.
- No LDS Church bashing and no LGBTQ+ bashing. Please engage in thoughtful (including robust and passionate) analysis of both the LDS Church and the LGBTQ+ experience.
- Try to empathize with one another by intentionally being curious and asking open and honest questions to better understand one another.
- Though the group is “open” (anyone can see what is said on the group wall) do not share anything said by others in the group with anyone outside the group.
- Threats, vulgarities, sexually explicit, sexually harassing, coercive, demeaning, derogatory, foul language or vicious rhetoric will not be tolerated. Additionally, all forms of discrimination, harassment, exploitation, intimidation, personal attacks, aspersions, or name-calling are not allowed.
- Participants are asked not to explicitly campaign for or against or debate over same-sex marriage on the Facebook group, however, comments about same-sex marriage that are incidental to a personal story or feelings will be allowed.
- The MBB Facebook group is not a general interest group for all LDS/Mormon related topics. Announcements for topics, organizations, or events peripheral to the mission of this group (i.e. improving the relationship between the LDS and LGBTQI/SSA communities) will be removed. Posts promoting political candidates will be removed.
- Post or comments promoting for-profit businesses, petitions, and fundraisers of any kind are not allowed.
Safety and privacy:
- Anyone suspected of engaging in behavior that puts other group participants at risk will be removed. Reports and allegations of abuse, particularly of children or adolescents, will be taken seriously by the group moderator and will be referred to proper local authorities. Participants found guilty by proper authorities of abuse of children are subject to immediate removal from the group.
Violation of guidelines:
- It is your responsibility to know and abide by the guidelines. If you violate the group guidelines, the moderators may comment or privately message you explaining why your behavior, post, or comment is out of compliance. The moderators may ask you to either rectify your behavior, edit or remove the post/comment or it will be removed for you. If a participant consistently violates the guidelines and/or demonstrates a clear disregard for the goals of the group, they will be removed. If you would like to discuss the guidelines for participation, please communicate directly with the moderators. If for any reason, a prospective participant or existing participant blocks the group moderator, that individual will not be added to the group or will be removed from the group.